Opening Credits

Hello.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Amy. And I love Old Hollywood.

I'm starting this blog in large part because I want to learn to write better (and I thought a full-length novel might not be the best thing to start with). So if you don't mind the odd clumsy turn of phrase, I'm sure I'll get better as I go along. I'm also starting this blog because, as my friends will tell you, I have a lot to say when Old Hollywood is the subject of conversation. (To my friends who've sat through my lecture on why Cary Grant is the definitive romantic comedy actor, thank you. The rest of you have been warned.

I'm planning to do a fair amount of film reviews, but I'll also post photos, video clips, quotes and other interesting tidbits. I may also branch out into other areas of film such as superhero films, fantasy and science fiction, and may even post some foodie articles (mostly chocolatey food to eat while watching a film), but we'll see.

If you are completely new to Old Hollywood, I hope you find this an approachable and entertaining introduction to the subject. Less than a year ago, I had nothing but a faint notion that Casablanca was a famous film I should probably see sometime. Now I'm hooked, and if I can transmit my enthusiasm to others, I'll be very happy.

I Pinterest a lot of Old Hollywood photos and am always adding more, so do check out my board here.

My next post will be a review of the famous screwball comedy His Girl Friday, along with some photos and lobby cards from the film. I've also got a few book reviews in the works. I hope you enjoy what I come up with.

Happy thoughts :)

Amy

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.